This video tutorial will guide you through all the steps required to complete a two-agent setup. In this video, we are installing two virtual agents on Linux VMs. Agent A is located inside AWS North Virginia, USA region (us-east-1) and Agent B is located inside Google Cloud Frankfurt, Germany region (europe-west3).
Here is a summary on the different steps from the video:
- Login to the app
- Create Agent A. In Advanced Parameters, we enabled Accept Incoming Connections. This is possible because we allowed TCP and UDP ports 23999 from anywhere to Agent A in the AWS VPC Security Group. A VPC Security Groups is similar to a firewall. Learn more on Agents Connectivity Configuration.
- Install Agent A with the shell command.
- Create Agent B
- Install Agent B with the shell command.
- Make sure both agents are reporting to the Obkio Cloud Services by checking their Private and Public IPv4 addresses.
- Create a Monitoring Template to monitor the network connectivity between the two agents. If you have more than two agents, Agent Groups can help you with the Monitoring Template Configuration.
- Once created, the template automatically created a monitoring session.
- After a few minutes, we have historical data between the two agents. It's also possible to see Realtime performance with the Live toggle on the monitoring session page.